Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Island Coconut Hula Cookies


Kaia, getting her Hula on at 5

Oh Boy! Hawaiian beaches and tropical breezes with the rhythmic sites and sounds of the Hula! In these moments when I am yearning to pack my sarong and head off to find a hidden paradise, I sometimes need to rethink my approach, “resorting” to other means of immediate gratification…  and then instead of finding myself on a beach I find myself in the kitchen!

I’ve discovered flinging myself onto a beach or into the kitchen are extremely different, while both produce relaxing and delicious results, and both are bringing some fun attention to our ‘Muffin Tops’!

Mixing it up~ Organic everything is more important than ever. Some extraordinary souls have always lived with allergies and intolerance to corn, soy or wheat. Now with the ‘still unlabeled’ GMO’s in our food supply, allergies and food sensitivities are on the rise with the population at large.

I have been cooking and baking vegetarian in a swinging kitchen for several decades. Many of our friends and family need to stick to a gluten free diet and this has inspired me more to create new recipes and add a different twist to favorite ones.

These Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies are extremely light, moist and chewy. Put on your straw hat, straw skirt, bikini top, get your HULA on and start stirring!!   
  















































No comments:

Post a Comment